Training Management Skills for New Managers and Supervisors
Most new managers and supervisors are literally thrown in the deep end, but managing people require a completely different skill set than managing tasks. The transition from being an individual contributor to someone responsible for the work of others and team performance results in a steep learning curve.
Learn how to motivate, delegate, communicate and lead. Play to your strengths and improve on key weakness areas. With an emphasis on building high achieving teams, dealing with an increased workload and developing the influence, assertiveness and confidence necessary to be an effective manager or supervisor – this course will ensure you hit the ground running.
Course topics include
- How to grow as a manager
- Defining your role and new responsibilities
- Motivating and engaging your team
- Communicating effectively with different personalities in your team
- Asserting yourself as a new manager
- How to handle difficult situations
Who should attend?
- New managers, team leaders, or anyone with staff reporting to them
- People managers in their role less than 5 years
Your new role and responsibilities
- What makes a great manager?
- The transition to your new role
- Building on your current strengths
- Establishing your credibility from the start
- What you should no longer be doing
Managing and motivating people for improved performance
- Developing an effective people management style that works for you
- Setting team goals and roles, and allocating tasks
- Setting expectations for your direct reports
- Understanding what motivates different personalities
- Leading by example to gain commitment
- Developing people to realise their individual potential
- Engaging your team and recognising achievements
- The benefits and challenges of delegation
- Turning around poor performers
Developing your communication style
- Opening the lines of communication with and amongst your team
- Matching your communication style to the needs of individual team members
- Staying connected with your team
- What to tell your team and what not
- The importance of face-to-face communication
- Tackling those difficult conversations
- The art of giving constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Developing your listening skills
- Understanding what can cause misunderstandings and disengagement
Using assertiveness to manage difficult situations as a new manager
- Projecting confidence and assertiveness in your role
- Handling conflict within the team
- Dealing with resistance from previous peers
- Protecting your team from unreasonable external pressure
- Dealing with disciplinary issues – some key rules to get you started
- Picking your battles – knowing when to take action
Managing your growing workload
- What to do when you are being pulled in multiple directions?
- Techniques for coping with a large and growing workload
- How to prioritise and focus on your core KPIs
- Setting time aside for people management
- Using meetings effectively to achieve progress
- How to delegate and still achieve results
- Minimising disruptions and reducing time spent reacting
How to avoid committing common management mistakes
- What are the main causes of management failure?
- Common pitfalls to avoid as a new manager
- Understanding what works for you and your team
- Building up your team’s abilities rather than trying to do everything yourself
- Letting go of tasks
Continuing to grow as a manager
- Defining success as a manager: group discussion
- Taking a proactive approach to your own professional development
- Core management skills to focus on next
- Spotting opportunities for growth in your role
- What could hold you back?
Lecturing, participative discussion, and case study.
- Certificate, Quality Training Kit (Pencil case: Erase, Bolpoint, Pencil, Tipe X, Stabillo, Flash Disk 8 GB), Bag,.
- Training Material (HandOut & SoftCopy)
- Convenient training facilities in stars hotel
- Lunch and Coffee Breaks
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Harga, Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami.
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat emailyang tercantum.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.
- Peserta bisa mengajukan Tanggal Pelatihan / Training selain yang tertera pada silabus penawaran.