Training Budgeting, planning and forecasting for the oil and gas industry
Budgeting lies at the heart of business management, yet businesses often encounter planning and financial difficulties as a result of either inadequate planning, lack of understanding of the business, or errors within the compilation of the budgets. Ineffective management reports heighten the challenge in collating inputs to the budget, and use of budgeted information.
This programme takes a practical approach to budgeting, planning and management reporting for the organisation and considers the following:
- The planning process and how to improve it
- The compilation of budgets – who needs to be involved and why;
- How to identify potential problems arising and suggests actions which can be taken
- Ways of improving financial control using effective management reporting
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Professionals responsible for budget preparation and management reporting
- Process owners who require a more in-depth understanding of integrated planning and budgeting techniques, along with Financial planners and cost analysts
- Anyone with direct planning and budgeting responsibility, as well as advisors, accountants and business consultants
- Implement advanced planning and control techniques into your budgeting process
- Integrate the budgeting process with the development of the company’s long-term strategic vision
- Successfully build an integrated planning, budgeting and reporting process
- Apply management tools to the budgeting process that contribute to strategic goals
- Identify key performance indicators for effective and focused decision making
- Increase profitability and performance through stream lined planning and reporting
The training methodology combines presentations, discussions, team exercises and case studies. Delegates will gain both a theoretical and a practical knowledge of all the topics covered. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result delegates will return to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned.
PLANNING FOR SUCCESS
FORECASTING in budgeting and planning
BUDGETS, COSTS AND BUDGETARY CONTROL
ACTIVITY BASED COSTING (ABC) AND ACTIVITY BASED BUDGETING (ABB)
MEASURING CORPORATE PERFORMANCE: REQUIREMENTS OF A SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENT SYSTEM