An Introduction to Management Training
Learn how to involve and inspire teamwork to achieve organisation goals, understand the role of the manager and the responsibilities this carries, as well as your own approach to working with others and how this affects outcomes.
The most crucial step up in management is often the first step to management itself. An Introduction to Management will help you learn how to get things done efficiently by involving and inspiring teamwork to achieve company goals, through the effective use of resources.
This course is participative and highly practical, relevant and developmental, using a wide range of training and learning methods, including:
- pre-course work
- case studies
- role plays
- some tutor input about management theories and practices
- personal development plans.
Participants are given the opportunity to share their own experiences and ideas, and those of others, to enhance learning.
The manager’s role
- Managing the transition into management
- The key responsibilities of any manager
- The core competencies of managing people
- How the manager’s role has changed
- Getting the right relationship with the team
- ‘Command and control’ or ‘facilitator /coach’
- Management behaviours which inspire, motivate, engage people
- What research shows are the characteristics of an effective manager
The management of time
- Managing your own time
- Recognising High Value Adding work and Low Value Adding Timestealers
- Managing other people’s time
The management process in action
- Anticipating and thinking ahead
- Agreeing key priorities and projects with stakeholders and colleague managers
- Setting effective goals and involving the team in action planning
- Balancing the day to day work and these extra projects / new work
- Monitoring performance effectively
- Giving supportive guidance and feedback
- Reviewing performance against objectives and action plans, using Appraisal systems as appropriate.
Developing your management style
- Communicating the message with clarity and style
- Balancing the need for achieving the results, through involved, motivated colleagues
- When and how to “push” people
- When and how to “pull” people
- Getting the balance right between “push” and “pull” in coaching, appraisals, meetings etc
- Matching and adapting management style to the needs of each individual
- The advantages of style flexibility and the dangers of using only 1 style
- Recognising natural personal strengths and also “blind spots” and areas requiring improvement
- My style personality profile
Delegation and Motivation
- How effective delegation motivates people
- Using delegation to improve team and individuals’ productivity and morale
- How to delegate effectively
- Planning the task carefully, monitoring progress, providing regular, constructive feedback and guidance
- “Courageous conversations” – working with the disengaged colleague, and with the star performer
- Avoidable traps, practical tips for success
- The principal benefits of delegation, including improved time management and improved attitudes to change
Managing people and performance
- What motivates and what demotivates people
- Creating and maintaining the right atmosphere
- What research shows about effective motivation strategies, and when to use each approach
- Managing difficult people and situations
- Coaching for improved performance
- The performance management process
Leading the way
- What is leadership? How does it differ from management?
- The personal power or charisma of a leader
- How leaders communicate with vision, passion and impact
- What do leaders actually do?
- Getting the best out of each individual
- Leadership and change – helping the team to forge ahead, especially in turbulent times
- “Quiet leadership” – what the latest research shows us about successful modern leadership
- Balancing the strengths and capabilities of each individual within the team
- Leading the way in times of conflict and difficulty, confused priorities and moving goal posts
- Recognise natural leadership strengths and areas for development
- Leading by example – tips about positive behaviours and personal energy
Investasi dan Fasilitas Training
- Harga : (dilampirkan dalam Brosur penawaran)
- Fasilitas : Certificate, Training kits, USB 8 GB, Lunch, Coffe Break, Souvenir, City Tour
- Untuk peserta luar kota disediakan transportasi antar-jemput dari Bandara/Stasiun ke Hotel (berlaku bagi perusahaan yang mengirimkan minimal 2 peserta)
- Quota minimum Running 2 peserta ( jogja ), 3 Peserta ( Solo, Semarang) Quota minimum Running 3 peserta (Jakarta , Bandung dan Surabaya ) – ( Untuk Manado, Bali , Batam, Pontianak, Balikpapan dan Lombok Quota minimal 4 peserta)
Permintaan Brosur penawaran Training ( Waktu dan Tempat) silahkan Menghubungi kami via :
Mobile : (Lihat di Banner sebelah kanan)
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pelatihan ini dapat di-customized sesuai kebutuhan perusahaan Anda bila diselenggarakan dalam bentuk In-House Training. Untuk permintaan In-House Training dengan jenis topik lainya, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email yang tercantum di web kami.
- Request Training. Jika anda membutuhkan informasi pelatihan yang belum tercantum pada website ini, atau anda ingin memberikan usulan materi yang sesuai dengan tingkat kebutuhan perusahaan anda, silahkan mengirimkan ke alamat email dibawah ini.
- Bila tidak ada tanggal dan waktu atau yang tercantum sudah kadaluarsa didalam artikel mohon tanyakan kepada kami untuk jadwal terbarunya.